Part Truth. Part Fiction.

~~~

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Segue

I wonder where it is that I go sometimes
Slipping into an ambiguous ether
Where icicles are ablaze but do not melt
Their frozen heat reflecting clearly in my eyes
While I am paralyzed to describe it
I can only tell you that I am both the happiest
And most discontent person here
In this other paradigm of life
Where I have been denied the pure pleasure of simplicity
Displaying my shackles of higher truth
Purpose and rightness
Whose key I have always possessed
Preferring to shelter myself in their service
Sliding away into the shadows of night
Where I can weigh the day's collection of ironies
File them by merit, arrange them by mass
Drop them into the neverworld and let them sink
Down into the depths of the things I forgot how to feel
Which are now leaking into the pools of my dreams
The flavors they imbue apprehend my regards
Tasting the pieces of the past without the usual choking
Staring at a door wedged into an invisible wall
Contemplating just when I will decide to unlock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment